Supplier of Entheogens and much more!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Second Mushroom Trip

(Crude drawing of visuals)

Dosage: 1.5 grams (mostly aborts), using lemon juice tek, fairly empty stomach

4 blunt hits of marijuana 1 hour after ingestion

Psilocybin cubensis B+

Soon after the blunt hits the effects of the mushrooms started to kick in at an alarming rate. This being my second trip, I was expecting a low dose (level 1 or 2 trip) that would last about 2 hours. How wrong my expectations were.

At the peak of the trip, whether my eyes were opened or closed was no longer relevant. We had a few candles lit in the room which gave some beautiful afterglow effects that lasted a few seconds after closing my eyes. We also had a black light lit which, halfway through the trip, managed to encompass the entire room – reflecting off of everything it could. Listening to ‘Explosions in the Sky’, my trip was an emotional rollercoaster. I was experiencing the music on so many different levels. In one ear and out the other, the music sounded like nothing of this world. I would occasionally forget the music was even playing, seeing the music rather then hearing it!

I was bombarded with an array of closed eye visuals that resembled intrinsic patterns of what looked like Dr. Seuss-like tubes and machinery. I saw valves and springs that were morphing and growing like the Windows 3D Pipes screensaver. The visuals took on almost an extradimensional quality that seemed too imaginative to be part of my imagination. These morphing patterns took the form of mushrooms and even insects at one point! When I had my eyes open, I stared primarily at the ceiling tiles which were illuminated by the black and candlelight. They were moving and bouncing around, taking a life on their own. At one point the cracks in the tiles seemed to separate and I could see an orange glow being them. They took on a rhythm that complemented the music well.

I had a few negative thoughts throughout the experience, a feeling like my thoughts were spiraling in a cyclical pattern out of control. I managed to maintain control, understanding negative emotions and feelings could be averted by directing attention elsewhere. After reading Martin Ball’s ‘Mushroom Wisdom: How Shamans Cultivate Spiritual Consciousness,’ I have learned great knowledge on how to work with, avert, and understand negative aspects of the mushroom trip.

Towards the end of the trip I was lying in my bed trying to fall asleep and I began to vividly remember my dream from the night before. I thought this was interesting, usually I can’t remember a dream unless I record it promptly after waking up in the morning. Falling asleep with the residual effects of the mushrooms was a challenge. I laid in my bed for a good hour or two tossing and turning feeling mildly uncomfortable. I got up to walk around twice during this period, both times noticing how “different” my room looked. My hippie-psychedelic posters were running and my rug took on a more coarse quality then I had ever noticed before.

Throughout the trip I felt so constrained by language. Myself and the two others I was tripping with had trouble communicating at times. Mid trip I uttered, “Words can’t exclaim what I’m feeling.” I had a feeling of being in between thoughts and consciousness. I was disappointed I was not able to take much esoteric knowledge out of this trip. I felt frustrated a few times during the trip because I was having too much fun and not maintaining the role of “the witness” trying to understand what the mushrooms were trying to show me. This being my seconds trip, and much more profound the first, I feel I have much more mushroom learning to undergo.

A profound memory of the trip was the impression of “mind workers” chiseling their way through my consciousness to break through to my perception. I could see and feel them working, and had an intense feeling of the other. Perhaps if I had taken a higher dosage they would have broken through. All day today I had a mild headache, which was most likely the result of lack of sleep (I’m used to getting at least 9 hours). I’m looking forward to chomping down on at least 3 grams in a few weeks.



No comments: